Easter Sunday: Ceremony at the General Post Office, Dublin and Parade
The following is a tentative overview of the plans for the 2016 Ceremony. This will be updated and added to nearer the time.
The Parade may be viewed as it passes through Dame Street, Westmoreland Street and O’Connell Street.
Large Screens will be placed at strategic locations along the route so that all aspects of the GPO Ceremony and Parade will be visible from individual locations
To include Army, Navy, Aer Corps, UN Veterans, Gardai. Aer Corps fly past.
- Parade departs from Dublin Castle via Dame Street
- Parade arrives Westmoreland Street and halts.
- Arrival of President at GPO
GPO Ceremony Begins
- National Flag lowered on roof of G.P.O.
- Army Officer reads Proclamation
- Taoiseach invites President to lay a wreath
- President lays a wreath
- Minute’s silence observed in memory of all those who died
- National Flag raised to full mast
- National Anthem
- Parade continues through O’Connell Street on to Parnell Square