No. 4 of 2005 - Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2005
What does this law do?
The Social Welfare and Pensions Act includes provision for:
- increases in Child Benefit,
- improvements in Carers Benefit and Carer's Respite Care Grant,
- improvements in Disability Benefit and Disability Allowance,
- improvements in Injury Benefit,
- increases in the capital value which will be disregarded for most means test purposes.
The Act also provides for a number of amendments to the Pensions Act 1990. These amendments are required to implement EU Directive 2003/41/EC on the activities and supervision of the Institutions for Occupational Retirement Provision (IORPs) and to implement recommendations from the Pensions Board to the Minister on foot of a review of the Funding Standard.
In addition, the Act provides for a number of miscellaneous amendments to the Social Welfare Code and the Pensions Act.
Contact Department: Department of Social & Family Affairs
Signed by the President on: 14.03.2005
Full version of Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2005 on Oireachtas website