Public Appointments Service
The Public Appointments Service is the centralised provider of recruitment, assessment and selection services for the Civil Service. They also provide recruitment and consultancy services to local authorities, health boards, the Garda Siochana and other public bodies.
It is a premier recruitment facility for public service recruiters and is the main access route for candidates interested in joining the public service. The aim of the website is to provide a comprehensive on-line recruitment facility, which is easy to use and effective for both clients and candidates.
The main services provided by the Public Appointments Service include:
- Recruiting for positions in the Civil Service,
- Recruiting for some senior positions in the Local Authorities, Health Boards, Harbour Authorities, Fisheries Boards and Vocational Education Committees,
- Selecting candidates for promotion within the Civil Service through inter-departmental selection tests and interviews,
- Assisting other public sector organisations, such as the Nurses Career Centre, with open recruitment,
- Assisting the Top Level Appointments Committee in making senior appointments within the Civil Service, for example, by conducting preliminary interviews.
- Providing recruitment consultancy and training to client organisations and public bodies.